Monday, August 3, 2009

Simple enough things....


I love to scan fabrics, vintage wallpapers, flowers, you name it. You've seen many of my 'scans' on the Porch & Atelier shop cards. The soft caramel fleur de lis pattern on our August blog header is a scan of old lampshade paper. I've had the wonderful old drum lampshade for years, and it finally gave up - it just wouldn't cooperate one more time to be fiddled with to continue to be a lampshade.

Well, now I've taken it off its wire frame and can use it in lots of other ways - the first thing I did was scan it into my computer's photo file. Now, I can do all sorts of things with it, including changing the color if I wish. ~Can you tell I like it?

1 comment:

Patty said...

I've sometimes wondered where you get the backgrounds for your mailings! Way cool.

Like