Friday, October 9, 2009

A grand time at Ladies Night Out

~Welcoming blue canning jar luminaries were tucked into our herb gardens in the back courtyard, and at both shop entrances.
~Our autumn garden in the back courtyard was softly lit. It was a cool evening, but not wet or chilly for the walkers.

Travelers at the stoplight outside the Atelier entrance this week couldn't miss our sign, proclaiming the downtown Buffalo shopping event~
~I love the way the shops glow when open in the evening

~You may have enjoyed the lively atmosphere on the streets and sidewalks in the normally quiet, petite downtown Buffalo last night~ Groups of friends/family having fun, making their way to each shop on their Ladies Night Out passports! Many of them were new to our little downtown, and asked for suggestions to plot their passport route.
The best part of the evening? Everyone having so much fun, and feeling special - each store (18) had food & drink, giveaways and sales, and many of those enjoying it referred to it as 'trick or treating for women'. There was a drawing for prizes at the end of the event, and I'm anxious to meet the lucky person who won The PORCH & Atelier gift certificate! I hope they stop by soon so that I can congratulate them in person~

3 comments:

elliottsurf said...

Hi Teresa,
Had a nice time at the ladies night out! I loved the blue canning jars with the candles on your doorstep! Nice little welcome there!

Linda Thiltgen said...

Wish I could have come by, but I was busy at the Nest. Stephanie had invited me to come by that night as an artist in residence. Nice time! Look forward to coming by again soon.
Cheers
Linda T

Linda Thiltgen said...

I did see two of your sisters! :)

Like