Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vintage color




~Whether old fabric, wallpaper, prints, or paint, I am totally intrigued by the colors.
You can try to replicate an old paint finish, e.g., but you'll never get the true nuances in the aging of the colors. Shown are two vintage wallpapers (the aqua/gold parchment wallpaper- I have rolls of- the house border is from a 30's wallpaper book here, and I don't remember where I got the print scan).
My apartment is decorated in shades of whites, creams, grays and browns - but when I try to add a 'new' textile, to the mix, and it rarely pleases me. Well, I came across three old, narrow curtain panels in my fabric chest last week (I thought I had sold them years ago---was pleasantly surprised to find them~). I've decided to hang them in the kitchen windows, alongside the white cotton sheers already there - it will give some visual 'weight' and color to the room for the coming winter months. How fun to change up now and then! I'll be sure to show you the kitchen, after 'the sale' in The PORCH & Atelier, happening this week.

No comments:

Like