Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Simple enough things #9


I love my huge old apron sink (installed earlier this year); it grounds the apartment kitchen. The etched/embossed mirror does a nice job of reflecting the wall cabinet (built by Alan), doesn't it? I got my first glimpse of the original brick walls when installing this wall light, five years ago. Exposing the brick - somewhere in the apartment - became a passion and then a plan. Did you notice the Campanula? An unexpected find at Trader Joe's last week, I removed it from it's pot and pushed it into the marble vase.
An old light globe, dated 1909, was a quick re-purpose into a hanging pot.

For now, it's holding old flatware - some monogrammed and unique.
~TERESA

2 comments:

The Head Chickpea said...

I had a sink exactly like that at a house I rented in Excelsior. Oh, how I miss it!

Mr. Flannery said...

Teresa - I like your use of the lamp globe. It looks wonderful with the great sink and marble vase. I may have to steal this idea for a couple of globes that I have been waiting to break.

Like