Monday, December 21, 2009

It's all about the details....

A closer look at some of the finds in those bags from yesterday's Sunday load. I appreciate the details - do you?
Can you feel the softness of the old leather? I haven't seen cuff details like this before. In their original box~

Decoupage canister - soft gold colors, leaves and birds. Do you see the notched lid?

A surprise brass interior~

I love the shirring inside some of the old cases.

Bright pink velvet rims this old Godey Paris Fashions print. I have an idea for how to use this~

An enameled tray - are you starting to see that color theme among the smalls again?

I love the old labels on the back of pieces like this~

Just a simple, well-used Parcheesi game. The metal rimmed tiles are cool, and I've always been taken in by indigo blue. Oh my, growing up, we played Parcheesi (the board game) for hours~

The yellow trunk photos won't orient the way I'd like~
George Burroughs, trunk maker in Milwaukee.
This close-up shows the 'leathered' age in her added-at-some-time paint, too.

Arcopal dishes - for two. A beautiful, almost sheer robin egg blue.
I love dishes. When there aren't place settings for more, I group them by twos. Two each of dinner plates, bread plates, bowls and egg cups - a special Christmas breakfast? Orange rolls, boiled egg, cafe au lait (are you wondering if you can drink out of a scalloped bowl? Me too.)

No comments:

Like