Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PARIS doors & more

France on my mind today~
Take this petite walking tour with me, and I hope you don't mind if I stop - often - to take photos?

You don't have to walk very far to see great doors and architecture - it's all wonderful~

I loved these iron gates - I do like simple, too - and just look at the color?!

C'est magnifique!

OK, art nouveau? Tell me, I forget~ The building numbers - are you noticing them on most of these entrances? Oh, so much to admire. Hey! That's our street number at The Porch & Atelier: 32 avenue central~

Yes, the colors are striking, and you see alot of blue.

This courtyard entrance is in Angers, off a small allee' we walk from our hotel each day. Angers: a favorite city of ours~

I've shown this Angers door previously - leaving our hotel courtyard, turn right and this is the first thing you see~

In LeMans. We're walking down a small street - look toward your right now, or you'll miss this view into a gated courtyard - how OLD is that entrance? I try to think of my poor photo quality as intentional, adding to the ancient mystique~ It looks like hollyhocks - in March?

Also in LeMans - worn and peeling - but can you believe the color coordination among the tatters, including the huge pink geraniums inside the door-?

Angers again. This private suite entrance is in the Hotel DuMail courtyard. I stayed in this room once. Yes, topiaries outside in March.
Can't resist showing you one of my favorite finds while walking in Paris (March 2008): how to decorate a glassed-in sidewalk cafe on the Champs Elysees. I'd like to try this myself~ Find any inspiration in France? Mais, oui~

3 comments:

The Head Chickpea said...

The number plate in the fourth photo is my absolute favorite. C'est Magnifique!

Lori Miller, Round barn Potting Co. said...

What wonderful pictures! I love them all...thanks for sharing. I must go peek again :)
Lori

TERESA said...

I actually found an old/old enameled '32' doorplate on one of my trips. I mounted it to the outside of the Atelier door, and it lasted about three months - the old/old enamel flaked off! Not very smart of me~

Watch for more PARIS and France photos, glad you enjoyed them! And, I can't wait to get new ones in April, we're booked!

Like