Thursday, March 18, 2010

'The Apartment' Today~

The cabinet in the apartment kitchen that I previewed here yesterday~ For now, I wanted a 'patisserie' feel.

Favorite platters, cake stands, French flatware collections~

The apartment kitchen is bright, and I love what this cabinet adds to how the room feels~

My favorite 'Campagne Decoration' magazines are handy here. This is the Mars/Avril issue from a few years ago - the photos are timeless. I'll be getting the current issue - en France- in just over two weeks~

Creeping fig, a favorite for me. I usually find them at Lowes~

I found the porcelain fish platter at the Angers flea market. You can tell I love white dishes~

I went crazy for paper baking liners at Sur la Table. We'll be using them for Springtime in Paris- our primo event will be here, May 15~



Pillivuyt pitchers- I have many, found in France - and here~

The kitchen view to the left of the glass cabinet~

The hall to the kitchen, from the apartment entree'~

Apartment entree' toward the kitchen

I'm preparing for a soiree', and couldn't wait to place the mixed roses in the silvered hurricane. The French pink ribbon skein is perfect for Spring.
Ah, enjoy Spring today, TERESA


4 comments:

Patty said...

WOW!

Linda said...

This is just a lovely kitchen- I just love the feeling you have given to it! Thanks for sharing the info about the plant- I love how it looks and would like to get one! Thanks!

The Head Chickpea said...

Teresa, I love your tours...You have given me the inspiration to get my home ready for spring! Merci beaucoup! ~jenni

TERESA said...

Thanks, to all of you. I hope you can be here sometime to experience the apartment in person~ I'll be showing more apartment 'tours' now that the 'Country Living' had a chance to preview it. It's a wonderful/light-filled space, practical and comfortable - I have a great respect for this old building's energy. I'm very lucky, indeed, and love sharing it with those interested in the 'living above the shop' lifestyle! ~TERESA (Linda: creeping fig is an easy/rewarding plant - let me know when you get one~)

Like