Wednesday, June 16, 2010

PARIS Iron~

I love ironwork, and so does PARIS! What a coincidence~
Many colors and styles~ This was a favorite in Paris, around the corner from our hotel. We all stood and marveled, talking about it for a while. At the time, I didn't even notice the 'C' - just the 'M' - . Ironwork monogram style~

Look up and you'll always see more~ Ornate...
...and subtle gray with a repeated treillage motif~ Brown doors with black or bronze iron, and more treillage - I love it~


On the doors and the allee' entrances~


Note the ironwork in two decorative ways~


And, you'll always find the simple iron, too.
I could show you lots of iron knockers and knobs - that's for another day~


Layered eye-candy; start at the bottom of the photo and make notes all the way up~Simple again, that's OK with me, too~
The famous bleu that you see in Paris and AngersAnd, I can't show ironwork without the most famous of all. How perfect to see the old gate in the forefront~

Ah, it's always over too soon. Until our next getaway, think Paris! TERESA

1 comment:

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Beautiful ironwork! I took similar photos in Paris and Venice too....Such gorgeous eye candy!
Glad you enjoyed your trip...time to plan the next one!
:)

Like