Thursday, September 9, 2010

Almost ready....

I'm expecting company today~
A local women's group is coming to tour the apartment, and I've been primping. It's my favorite time of year for 'freshening up'~ Is it yours, too?
Some favorite vignettes this morning.
The apartment entry table has a petite Victorian tableau holding a fresh pumpkin and my current favorite French ribbons View to the living room from the entry. Can you tell I took the photos late in the evening? You'll see more soon, taken in daylight~
This vanity seat is perfect in the entry~

The strawberry, lavender and sage urn has thrived this summer. It even decided to sport its pink strawberry blossoms for our guests~
I haven't done a full fall cleaning (when is the last time I did that?), but the glass, hard surfaces and curtains in the kitchen are all fresh now.

The kitchen window box - there are faux plums in the Guy Wolfe pot on the left. I do have better views from other windows up here~

The bar is stacked with serving pieces for the dessert to be served today~

Ah - I have two of these bins, and they've been under the entry bench. My son/daughter will be proud of Mom - the wine corks are facing down (but only because they look best in the bin that way~).


I'll have more to show and tell about the apartment next time. Thanks for taking the pre-tour! TERESA

1 comment:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love the decorating you've done, my fav time of the year as well. And I'm always partial to the robins egg blue too. Have fun entertaining, T

Like