Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Sunday Load 9-5-10

My favorite thing to do? Go junking for YOU!I never know what I'll find....and that makes for alot of surprises here.
Of course, I'm always admiring some little thing I find - like making a big deal out of this cardboard pencil box - with slate pencils inside, of course. The graphic font is adorable~
Yes, that's the top of a big old cupboard. The polka dot box holds dozens of old rolled prints - you'll just have to trust me on that~ Love a striped suitcase, don't you?

Old dropleaf occasional table and provincial-style rush seat chair - once again, just trust me~

OK, old piano bench and the smalls as they come out of the boxes and bags.

I just had to get the apple crock, being that it's September--don't you think?

That big old cupboard. Not fancy, but after a little magic, she'll be at home here. Side note: when we were carrying her in the Atelier door on Sunday, we had several offers of help - pretty nice! Maybe I could time all of my unloading for when nice, strong people are around?

OK. Had to have it, and someone here will really appreciate it.

Straight out of a movie scene to you. A gal would look better in it, anyway. I love how we take a new look at vintage clothing~Ooh - what's that piece?

Vintage heavy silk jacket

Besides style, you can't help but admire the fabrics and sewing talent involved in vintage clothing - and you know there's a story here. At first look, you think apron, but - it's a beautifully made overskirt. Oh, talk about it completing the right outfit~
We had a great September Market, and we're off and ready for more. Aren't we lucky to spend our days with this stuff? Let your imagination run today, TERESA

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Teresa-

Love the pics of the old piano bench and would love to know a price? It might be a great fit at my kitchen table :)

Looks like you are having fun. Have an awesome week!

-Kristin

TERESA said...

Thanks for your note, Kristin! The bench IS great, thanks for asking about it. She needs some TLC, which I noticed when I loaded her on Sunday morning.
The price will be in the $34-39 range, and I'll be happy to let you know when she's ready.

Wishing you an awesome week, too.

~TERESA

Kristin said...

Yes! Keep me posted. I'd love an excuse to come browse and take a look at the new finds!

Like