Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas Apartment Wrap-up

I'm a 'quick' holiday decorator, you've probably noticed that what you've seen is impromptu~ I like the paper twist on some of these green glass balls - their original protective wrap, and the way they sit on the kitchen sink drainboard in the white ironstone bowl~

Back to the apartment entry: an old iron sconce with Anjou wine candle and wreath~
The wreath is actually an inexpensive 'candle ring'. Take it out of the craft store, add beautiful ribbon, ah.....frosty boxwood and berries~ In the hallway toward the kitchen, the bench sits across from the bar. A trash-to-treasure piece: find a lonely curved footboard from an old bed and make a bench~


The bar in the kitchen hallway~Chocolate snowmen and petite French cafe' spoons wait in liqueur glasses
A fresh thyme plant hangs at the kitchen sink - fragrant and pretty~
Dinner plates waiting on the cart by the window. It makes me very happy to have fresh holly, displayed to full effect in a tall, clear battery jar~
By the time everyone arrived on Christmas Eve, I'd added the large Ikea wreath to the vignette~
View of living room from the entry~

The candles were all lit~Then, at the end of the evening, all lights out. Time to enjoy everything just with candle and tree light. Do you do that, too?
My granddog, Sammy. Can you read his mind? Yes, it's time to go home~

2 comments:

heather mize said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love your style. PS: my mom loved the book I got from your lovely shop!

TERESA said...

What a compliment, Heather! Thank you. And, I did think about you/your Mom/and the book. Thanks for letting me know.

Like