Monday, December 13, 2010

Simple enough #27

Guess what I realized when I looked at Atelier photos from Saturday? They were all about books~I do love art books - when I found these, I was thinking how special they were because of their size (small - about 6x8"), and their wrapped linen covers~

Are they part of a collection? We can imagine that Corot, Gaugin and Monet stood on the shelf with them~

Everyday book topics in green and red~
And, a cookbook on a bookstand - striking, and the recipe looks good, too!
Unique tinsel trim (new) found in an Angers, France fabric shop
We were snowbound here all weekend. The good news? I gained a day of unplanned decorating time in the apartment~

Vignette on top of one of the tall cabinets in the apartment living room
Time to enjoy spreading the holiday touch around home~

Wine box with holly pots on the other tall cabinet~

Well, I hadn't picked up a tree yet.....and I was snowbound. But, I did have tall spruce tops - eh voila - 'making do with what I had'. At some point, you'll see the finished/trimmed tree (that's a hooped crinoline skirt draped around the base)~


Sit in the rocker by the tree, and relax with me. ~TERESA

No comments:

Like