Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chair works~

The 'chair' came right in the back door here yesterday~
I let her warm up for a little while, but she didn't know what she was in for~
She stool still and posed for a while, and then said get going!
Her velvet wasn't in the worst shape I've seen, but it had to go. My plan is to strip the velvet, and show what's underneath~First peek - oh! no muslin lining?

The batting will have to do - but look at the old paper/nailhead - that will stay in place, too~

I'll save her braid trim for other projects, and ooh - her covered buttons are fitted like long brads!
Don't throw them away - they have another life somewhere.



A good start, and you'll be seeing her as a wonderful, stately prop in an Atelier window soon~

6 comments:

Mr. Flannery said...

An almost bare chair, oh my!

SecondhandKris said...

I LOVE IT!

Day to Day at The Hog Shed said...

Can't wait to see her in the window. Claire

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh she's sweet...and those button brads are something I'd fight for if I saw 'em at a sale! :D

Jan

TERESA said...

Glad you like the chair and all of her details! Can't wait to show more of her~ TERESA

Lori Miller, Round barn Potting Co. said...

Love her!!

You can use her in your window with a SOLD sign.... maybe??

Lori

Like